The Government of Canada has appointed Deloitte to process claims for Day Schools Claimants. This page is a resource for you, the claimant, to understand the claims process and find information about the status of your claim.
Federal Court of Canada Airbnb Class Action Settlement
The period to apply for a Redeemable Credit has now closed. Please see FAQ #5 below for more information on anticipated timing of Redeemable Credits being made available to eligible claimants.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Was the Deloitte email a scam or junk/spam mail? NO.
The parties have reached a settlement of the action, without an admission of liability on the part of Airbnb, which has been approved by the Federal Court of Canada. Deloitte has been appointed by the Federal Court as the claims administrator for this settlement.
2. Why have I received the e-mail from Deloitte? Receipt of the email does not in itself mean you will receive the Airbnb credit. You received this email because, according to Airbnb's records, you are a resident of Canada, other than Québec, and between October 31, 2015 and June 25, 2019 you booked an accommodation via Airbnb for purposes other than business travel. Therefore, you could be eligible to receive a credit.
3. Am I eligible to obtain the Airbnb credit? Receipt of the email does not in itself necessarily mean you will receive the Airbnb credit. You will have to access the Deloitte claims portal and answer the questions to confirm your eligibility. The form can only be submitted once, and no changes are allowed.
4. If I am eligible, how much is the Airbnb credit? At this time, we are uncertain how many claimants there will be. The actual amount of the Airbnb credit will depend on the total number of approved claims and will be the same for each person claiming.
5. What do I need to do to make a claim? You must click the link you received by e-mail which will give you access to the claim portal, and then verify your eligibility. Once eligibility has been established by answering the questions in the portal, it is anticipated that you will receive your Airbnb credit sometime in the summer of 2022. The Airbnb credit will be available to be redeemed automatically on your next accommodation booking you make on the Airbnb Platform, and will be valid for twenty-four (24) months from when it is issued. It cannot be combined with any other offer, discount, credit or coupon.
6. How long do I have to make a claim? The Claims Deadline is March 28, 2022. No claims will be accepted after the Claims Deadline, and no Airbnb Credit will be issued for claims received after the Claims Deadline.
7. Why are there eligibility questions? The questions are there to confirm that you fit within the defined group of individuals that are eligible to claim a credit. The questions are drafted in plain language terms and you should answer them to the best of your ability. Please bear in mind this is a formal claims procedure and the claims are supervised by the court. Thus, if it is clear that you are not entitled to make a claim, please do not submit a claim.
8. What if I have further questions? If there are any technical questions about the claims portal (i.e., link not working, or form is not loading, etc.), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any questions about the settlement agreement that are not answered in the court-approved notice or this FAQ, please contact class counsel at email@example.com. Class counsel will strive to answer your inquiries as soon as practicable. Please note that due to the volume of inquiries, there may be delays in answering individual questions.